The Association began in 1996, started by a group of people, many of whom had been at the heart of macrobiotic holistic activity in England since the late 1970’s . They were involved in its evolution at the East West Centre Restaurant, Community Health Foundation and The Kushi Institute and British School of Shiatsu in Old Street, and One World Festival.
- The purpose was fourfold.
- To provide a resource of information on courses, classes, trainings, events, books, specialist shops, consultations and counseling.
- To establish a forum for members to meet and learn from one another, mindful that there are different ways to express macrobiotics, the big view of life, and to enjoy debating the differences, respecting the views of all members.
- To cooperate with similar organizations around the world.
- To promote professional standards for people who provide Macrobiotic services and education.
Here, you will find teachers and consultants in the UK and other countries who offer Macrobiotic related practices such as Shiatsu, Do-In, Yoga, Feng Shui, Organic Whole-food Cooking and Catering, and Dietary and Lifestyle advice. You will also find links to other consultants who are not members.
We are a non-profit organisation run by volunteers who are voted in at the Annual General Meeting. The current Chairperson is Maria Serrano.